Thyroids can be sneaky, causing problems with your health behind the scenes. I’ve seen this a lot in women, especially around peri-menopause and beyond.
Could your thyroid be the reason behind your constant tiredness and other persistent symptoms?
You’ve been to the doctor and all your blood tests have come back normal. Including your thyroid tests. But, you’re still struggling with that bone-weary fatigue or stubborn weight that won’t shift no matter what you do.
This is more common than you think.
Being told there’s nothing wrong when you know different is so frustrating. You feel unheard, not listened to at all and a little silly.
Recently, I was forced to reflect on my own health.
A few months ago, something I’d put on the backburner for nearly two decades appeared again. I’d been feeling smug for oh, so long.
Way back in the early 2000s I was diagnosed with Hashimotos (an auto-immune thyroid condition). Being an enthusiastic naturopathic student at the time, I was determined to turn it around.
And, I did.
After noticing tell-tale signs like being the only one wearing a cardigan on a recent trip to far north Queensland, sneaky weight gain and a level of fatigue I couldn’t explain, I investigated. There it was in black and white on my pathology results.
I’d dropped the ball and Hashimotos is now back on my agenda.
Your thyroid can be a sneaky little blighter
A subclinical low thyroid condition can go undetected for years despite a TSH being in normal range. And Hashimotos can become dormant and then reappear. That’s the nature of some people’s thyroid function.
Could this be you?
If you’ve ever had thyroid pathology results within normal range, but symptoms of unexplained fatigue persist, then it’s time to dig deeper into your thyroid function.
I’ve put together a checklist of the most common low thyroid symptoms a lot of women experience.
Download your Thyroid Health Questionnaire – click here
With your health in mind,
If you’re struggling with exhaustion, here’s how I can help:
- Book in for an appointment (in Clinic, Zoom or over the phone) to really drill down on what’s draining you and how to get going again – Click here
- Lose weight and reboot your metabolism for a real energy boost. Find out how – Click here
- Grab a copy of my Rebuild Your Life Journal for 5 simple daily journal prompts to ground you and get those habits and routines important for focus and energy – it’s your daily reset button – Click here
- Follow me for fabulous food ideas to boost your energy – Click here
- Try out the recipe below to get more nutritious foods that your body can use for energy and send me a photo of your dish (I love to see food photos).