If you’re looking to boost your vitamin A levels, you can’t go past a carrot.
Even though it’s not winter here at the moment, the subtle curry flavour in this soup is warming and delicious, making it perfect for a Saturday lunch outside under the trees.
Vitamin A is a valuable nutrient for health conditions like thyroid disorders, skin conditions (eczema, dermatitis, acne), for a healthy immune system and let’s not forget our eyes!
Teamed with popular coconut oil and coconut cream for a dose of healthy fats, loads of flavour and fresh coriander, this soup will become a favourite.
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 leek, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons Tikka curry paste
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 parsnip, peeled and chopped
- 4-5 carrots (approx 450g), peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- coconut cream (to serve)
- fresh coriander (to serve)
In a saucepan on low/medium heat, saute the leek and garlic in the coconut oil until the leek is soft. Add in the cumin, ginger and curry paste and stir for a minute until fragrant.
Add the stock, water, parsnip and carrots and simmer until the vegetables are tender (about 20-30 minutes).
Stir through the tomato paste. Then blend in a food processor or with a stick blender.
Serve with a dollop of coconut cream and chopped fresh coriander.
With your health in mind,