Combining roast pumpkin and cauliflower with the creaminess of goats cheese, then topping with the deliciousness of sage leaves crisped up in brown butter is truly heavenly!
Sunday nights have become our veggo night. Having a light meal packed full of nutrients, plant protein and fibre is a great start to the week. And, this is a perfect dinner when the weather is getting colder.
The combination of roasted pine nuts and pepitas adds a delicious crunch to the pumpkin, cauliflower and goats cheese. The skin of butternut pumpkin is quite edible and we leave it on, so if you’re after some extra fibre, roast the pumpkin with the skin. It will add another element to the dish.
This dish has now become our favourite and we hope you enjoy it.
Roast Pumpkin, Cauliflower, Goats Cheese and Brown Butter Sage:
Here’s what you need:
- 450g butternut pumpkin, sliced
- 300g cauliflower, cut into pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 8 wedges
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 100g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon pepitas, roasted
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, roasted
Here’s how you create the perfect Roast Pumpkin, Cauliflower, Goats Cheese and Brown Butter Sage dish:
Toss the pumpkin and cauliflower in most of the olive oil and place in a baking tray. Then, toss the red onion wedges in the remaining olive oil and set aside. Next, bake the pumpkin and cauliflower in a moderately hot oven for 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, add the red onion wedges and keep baking for a further 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are roasted to your liking.
Meanwhile, lightly dry roast the pine nuts and pepitas in a frypan and set aside.
After that, heat the butter in a small pan over medium heat until it goes brown, but don’t burn it (have it slightly bubbling). This usually takes about 3-4 minutes. When the butter is brown, add the sage leaves and stir them. Stand back a little as they may spit but they will go crisp. Take off the heat and cool the butter/sage slightly. Stir in the balsamic vinegar.
Now, put it all together. First, place the roasted veggies on a serving plate, spoon over the butter/sage sauce, crumble the goats cheese on top and sprinkle over the roasted pine nuts and pepitas.
If you love this recipe, check out:
Sign up for my Newsletter for regular tips on health and delicious healthy recipes
P.S. Here’s how I can help you with all aspects of your health:
- Book in for a consultation (in Clinic, Zoom or over the phone) to really drill down on what’s draining you and how to get going again – Click here
- Lose weight and reboot your metabolism. A true energy booster – Click here
- Grab a copy of my Rebuild Your Life Journal for 5 simple daily journal prompts to ground you and get those habits and routines important for focus and energy – it’s your daily reset button – Click here
- Not sure what you need? Book in for a 20 minute FREE discovery call chat with me – Click here
With your health in mind,