I used to make this salad way back in the 80’s. It started as a twist on the popular Waldorf Salad which I kept changing until this version emerged. I loved it then. I love it now.
There’s a lot of good things about apples. They’re:
- low in calories
- high in pectin, a soluble fibre found in the walls of plant cells (your gut will love that!)
- full of vitamin C
- loads of B vitamins
- rich in polyphenols (antioxidants)
- pectin can be detoxing and the soluble fibre can help to eliminate cholesterol from your digestive tract
- and, they’re crunchy and taste great
Here’s what you need:
- 1 red apple (I love Pink Ladys because they’re crunchy and sweet)
- 1 green apple (Granny Smith is the most versatile)
- 1 small red onion
- 2 sticks of celery plus some of the celery leaves
- 1/2 cup salted cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of your favourite mayonaise (I use a full egg mayonnaise and add 1/2 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to give it a little extra zing)
Here’s what you do:
Chop up the apples, onion and celery. Add the cashew nuts and mix it all together with the mayonnaise.
So simple, so easy, so tasty.
With your health in mind,
For more healthy salad ideas, check out these recipes –
Are you looking for a personalised healthy eating plan to improve your energy, lose weight or increase vitality? I offer individualised support for women just like you, women who want to feel fantastic. Find out how I can help you by clicking here.